SACMAT 2016 will take place at Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan in China. Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan is located across from the prestigious Fudan University in Yangpu District, near WJC Commercial Centre. It is the first and the only official 5-Star hotel in Yangpu district. The address of the conference venue is:
Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan
Address: No. 199, Handan Road, Shanghai, China
TEL: (86) (021) 55529999
FAX: (86) (021) 55529990
Crowne Plaza Hotel Website
It is convenient to come to Shanghai, as it is the most developed and international city in China. Frequent flights, trains and long-distance buses connect the city with other major cities all around China and the globe.
Travel from/to airport:
- Taxis are available from two international airports to the conference hotel. The taxi costs about 170-200 RMB from Pudong International Airport to the conference venue (~45 km, 1.5 hours), and about 70-100 RMB from Hongqiao Airport to the conference venue (~25km, 1 hour), depending on the traffic. Taxi fares are about 20-30% higher during nighttime (11:00pm-5:00am).
- Both airports can be reached by metro Line 2, and Hongqiao Airport can also be reached by Line 10. Click to download the Shanghai Metro map here.
- From Pudong International Airport: reach the East of Nanjing Road Station by line 2 (about 1 hour), interchange line 10 to reach Guoquan Road Station (about twenty minutes), then walk to the hotel (about 15 minutes).
- From Hongqiao Airport: Metro: reach Guoquan Road Station by line 10 (about 1 hour), then walk to the hotel (about 15 minutes)
Travel around the city:
- Two easy ways (three if you count walking) to travel around the city: taxi and metro. Taxis are abundant (and inexpensive) in the city and can be hailed from the street or ordered through a phone call (or as young people often do, via a mobile app). It is safe and reliable. Cheating by the driver is very rare. We suggest you always ask for a receipt after the ride, as all detailed information about the ride and the contact would be printed on it. However, not all taxi drivers speak English. So we suggest you write the destination in Chinese characters on a sheet of paper and show it to the driver. Shanghai metro is clean, safe and foreigner-friendly, with all stations announced loudly and clear in both Chinese and English. Purchasing metro ticket is straightforward since most (if not all) stations have manned ticket booth and automated ticket machines.
About high-speed train:
- High-speed train is an ideal way to travel to/from neighboring cities (in this case, a neighboring city may be as far as 500 kilometers away). For example, Suzhou is 100 kilometers (or 30 minutes) away, Hangzhou is 200 kilometers (or 45 minutes) away, and Nanjing is only 300 kilometers (or 1 hour) away. Even Beijing is only 1200 kilometers (or 5 hours) away. Most high-speed trains stop at the Hongqiao Train Station, which is adjacent to the Hongqiao Airport. Metro Lines 2 and 10 stop at the Hongqiao Train Station.